Scope of the College vis-á-vis the Industrial Scenario:
- The IT Industry is a booming sector. India has emerged as the top off shoring destination for IT companies from all over the world with millions of job opportunities.
- India has established itself as a leader in the IT sector with its professionals much sought after globally.
- The Indian Computer Science Engineers have been instrumental in contributing towards the growth and development of the IT sector in Australia, USA, Canada, UK and Europe.
- Newer technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Science, Automation, NLP, Robotics, Cyber Security and IOT raise the bar higher day by day.
- The technical manpower in India is one of the largest in the world. The software industry in India has recorded phenomenal growth in the past few years.
- The demand for Computer Science Engineershas been strong both in India and overseas.
- Indeed, Computer Science& Engineering is one of the most sought-after and highly growing career fields. The scope of employment is very good and opportunities exist both in IT and non-IT companies.
Moreover, Computer Science’s anticipated growth and jobs related to it are expected to increase in the coming years. It is obvious that the digital world will expand and will need off-stage people. Thus, the scope of Computer Science in India will be exponential. Metropolitan people groups like Bengaluru, Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bombay, and Cochin are a part of the spots which have shaped into potential IT habitats of the country.
Trends hitting the Computer and IT Industries:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
AI and ML engineers are in high demand as the tech industry shifts its focus to the emerging field of automation. Artificial intelligence engineers spend their time using big data to train models involved in natural language processing, economic forecasting, and image recognition. They can participate in the development of the Internet of Things (IoT) technology.
- Data science
Organizations and companies collect more data every day. That’s why it’s more important than ever to have experts trained in data science. The number of job openings in Data Science is vast and shows no signs of slowing down.
iii. Cyber security
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, cybersecurity jobs are projected to grow by 31% percent between 2019 and 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations, raising concerns about a shortage of qualified graduates.
- AI and Robotics
With the global robotics industry forecast to be worth $ 80 billion by 2024, the technology is still in its early stages, but tech giants like Facebook, Google, and IBM are pouring vast amounts of money and resources into AI research. There is certainly no shortage of opportunities to develop the technology’s real-world applications, and there is immense scope for defining moments in this field.
- Big Data Analytics
There has been a substantial increase in demand for experts in this field that has led to companies to attract data science talent. From banking to healthcare, big data analytics is everywhere, as companies increasingly try to make better use of the enormous data sets and personalize and improve their services.
- Central software engineering
Software engineering is one of the most versatile technology careers. Almost every industry in the world uses some software. This means that the number of jobs for software engineers will not decrease anytime soon. In fact, with rapid computerization, it is only going to increase manifold.
vii. Web developer
Web developers use programming languages, frameworks, and design strategies to create and maintain websites and applications. They are responsible for ensuring that all text, images, videos, and other design elements are rendered correctly on the page. The internet is here to stay, and the need for skilled web developers will continue to grow for the foreseeable future. Especially, full-stack developers are in great demand across the globe.
viii. Mobile application development
Finally, mobile app development is one of the many high-tech jobs that require creativity and excellent problem-solving skills. Mobile app development is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. Smartphones have changed the way we do pretty much anything, right from ordering food, buying groceries, making a payment, or buying tickets.
Karnataka is known for its well-structured educational system. Karnataka stands as the first State to privatize higher education in the country creating an opportunity of a kind to have skill-based form of learning as privatization injects new methodologies training students more than the government institutions. Approximately 1.2 lakh Engineering graduates are passing out from all the Engineering colleges in Karnataka and projected manpower requirement in state by 2025 is around 4 million plus only in IT sectors. Other core Engineering sectors are also developing in a rapid pace which is generating demand of Technical manpower requirement. There are more than 5500 IT companies in Karnataka, the majority of which operate from Bengaluru. As the demand is increasing at a phenomenon rate during the last five years and multinationals have already started coming to the state, it is therefore can be assumed that there is a bigger scope for the pass outs of the proposed institution.