Computer Science and Design(CSD)
The department of Computer Science and Design is established during the academic year 2022-23 with an intake of 60. Computer Science and Design is in high demand across the globe in the current era. The students will have the ability to design creative solutions in areas such as animation, AI powered gaming, virtual reality and augmented reality etc. This graduation programme combines core design courses with solid programming underpinnings. This programme prepares students for a variety of careers in disciplines such as entertainment, arts, games, digital analytics, mobile application development, web/product design, cyber security, multimedia, and other interactive industries around the world. The first year of study is identical to all engineering branches, and the remaining years of study comprise core subjects and its electives.
CSD is the branch of Computer Science, aims to develop graduates that are not only well versed with computing approaches, tools, and technologies but are also experienced with Design approaches and new Media technologies and uses. The program has a small set of core courses in CS and Design, and many electives which can be taken from CS as well as Design and Digital Media. It uses in every aspect of life with the importance of Interactive Design and Methods.
The program will prepare students to work in the IT industry as well as the digital media industry like gaming, animation, virtual/augmented reality, etc. The program will also allow students, who want to pursue higher studies, to take up higher studies in CS/IT or Design.
The 4-year BE in CSD program will focus on both computer science & Design and Media Electives like
- Object Oriented Modeling and Design
- Computer Graphics,
- Data Visualization,
- Image Processing,
- Spatial Computing,
- Mobile Computing,
- Information Retrieval,
- Computer Vision,
- Machine Learning,
- GPU Computing
- Design Patterns ,
Huge employment opportunities available for CSD engineers & have significantly increased across the global market in the past couple of years, in the field of
- Design engineers,
- UX Designers.
- Graphixs Designers,
- Computer Scientist,
- Systems Architect etc.,
- Opportunity in various disciplines for their career such as entertainment, arts, games,digital analytics, mobile application development, web/product design, cyber security,and other interactive industries around the world.
- Job roles include Software Engineer, Games Developer, 3D programmer, Web Developer,Programmer, Cyber-Security Consultant, Data Engineer, Database Graphics Designer, Information Systems Manager, Multimedia Programmer, Machine Learning Engineer, Mobile Application Developer and Systems Architect.
- Different sectors available are Government Organization, IT Industry, Education, and Research.
- Students can pursue higher studies in CS/IT or in Design.
CSD department provides opportunities for the students to participate in Project showcase, Hackathons, Ideathons, Competitions, Startup & Entrepreneurial activities, Social activities etc.,
The department will have the best infrastructure with the latest high-end computing facilities to cater the academic needs of the VTU prescribed syllabus and provide a real-time experience to the students. The department will have renowned faculty members with long academic experience and experts from industries in India and abroad.